The Ings and Woodways ensure Hospital style safety with Residential style freedom.
Safe As Houses Care developed the site of a former care home and unlocked its potential by creating a fit-for-purpose solution that fulfils a specific societal need.
Carefully designed to provide specialist care for individuals stepping down from secure environments. The development also works for individuals who are ‘stepping up’ - Taking away the need for them to be placed in - a secure environment.
The property is divided into two distinct and separate Homes, serving both males only and females only, complete with a number of communal facilities. A large proportion of each building is made into separate rooms for training, sensory wellbeing as well as physical and mental therapy.
Private gardens with fully enclosed doubled boarded fencing, provide areas for relaxation, and there is a day and vocational area which promotes inclusion, interaction and social integration.
3D Walk through Woodways
3D Walk through Ings
Twelve large self contained one bedroom apartments.
Each apartment is larger than space standards would expect and has; a sitting room with dining area, wet room, bedroom and a Kitchen (3 of these kitchens are open plan).
Specifications are highly bespoke and include:
● Anti-barricade doors
● Anti-ligature fittings
● Two exits
● Fob controlled and remotely lockable kitchen units
● Robust high impact curved walls and strengthened ceilings
● Flush embedded skirting and architraves
● Anti-tamper screws
● Toughened safety glass windows in flush fit casings
● Weighted furniture
● Mermaid boards and high impact panels in all wet rooms
● Inverter air conditioning providing hot, cold and purified air
● Separate rooms for training, sensory wellbeing as well as physical and mental therapy
● Private gardens with fully enclosed doubled boarded fencing
● Off street parking and secure site visitor access
● Day and vocational area which promotes inclusion, interaction and social integration
● Disabled access toilets
● Staff withdrawal rooms
● Emergency bedroom
● Smart enabled water tank systems and electrical cut off points
● Fully addressable L1 fire alarm system